[3830] ARRL 160 K1LZ M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 5 18:16:46 EST 2007

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K1LZ
Operator(s): K1LZ, LZ1CL
Station: K1LZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1296  Sections = 77  Countries = 53  Total Score = 397,020

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I am new to 160 meter and what I have found out is that some Hams (contesters)
think that they are ruling this band--they just jump on any frequency without
any warning or respect. This is not the way you should welcome Hams
(contesters) on 160. It requires a lot of work, effort and hardware to be
successful on this band.
I respect the fact that stations like W8JI, W3BGN and K2KW may have good
hardware (special for 160) but it is impossible to work around these guys; no
matter who is in there, they just push you out of their way (they think they
own the band).
I understand that it is a contest but it is extremely unethical. Also the ARRL
rules state clearly as follows: 6.1. The segment 1.830 to 1.835 should be used
for intercontinental QSOs only. There are many big guns out there who think
that this rule does not apply to them, and it reveals the ethics of the
American operators. I realize that I am relatively new on this band but I am
really disappointed in the operating practices of some of the contesters.
I am not sure I want to do this contest again. I just wish that the hams would
be more friendly to each other.
Ok……………on the other side I appreciate everybody who gave me a Q in
this contest.
Good luck to every body and thanks.

73, Krassy K1LZ