[3830] ARRL 160 K6NV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 6 00:20:37 EST 2007

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TRUCKEE, CA

Total:  QSOs = 200  Sections = 56  Countries = 1  Total Score = 22,971

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Was unable to run HP Friday night due to causing problems to my wife's computer,
darn antenna runs over the roof of the house.  S&P Friday, conditions were
great, I got most every station I caled with 100w.  Late Sat afternoon and
evening S&P with low power with a rate of about 20 per hour, but at 11:00pm Sat
night I was able to switch the AMP on and set up for running, I had a solid hour
of 60+ q's, the way it should be! Then I got too tired, Iif I could have kept
going I am sure I could have added another 100q's or so. To me this contest is
always a gas. For the most part the local QRN was fairly low.

Lineup:
FT-1000MP
AL-80B
125' Sloper