[3830] ARRL 160 K1LZ M/S HP

k2kw-8 at adelphia.net k2kw-8 at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 6 14:04:45 EST 2007

K1LZ Writes:

> I respect the fact that stations like W8JI, W3BGN and K2KW may have good
> hardware (special for 160) but it is impossible to work around these guys; no
> matter who is in there, they just push you out of their way (they think they
> own the band).

Krassy, you busted a call.  K2KW (me) was not operational in the ARRL 160 contest.  The only antenna I have is a 20m inverted-V up 12' on my wife's feather duster.  The coax arcs to ground when I try and tune it on 160m with 100w.  This is "good feather duster hardware" (and my wife wants it back), but does not qualify as good hardware in anyone's book.

When I operate at a guest station, or on a DXpedition, I hold myself to the highest operating standards.

So if you are going to publicly trash someone, please get your information correct.

Kenny K2KW/8