[3830] ARRL 10 WA2MNO M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 9 19:53:27 EST 2007

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WA2MNO
Operator(s): WA2MNO
Station: WA2MNO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 6:20

   CW:  112    18
  SSB:   17     7
-------------------
Total:  129    25  Total Score = 12,050

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Didn't get a chance to operate during the Friday
opening but I was able to on Saturday evening.
The opening on Saturday started around 2300UTC
and lasted past 0200UTC. Around 0150UTC my
my wonderful wife said "I thought you said this
was a day-time contest". I left what was left of
the opening and spent time with her.

The fun part of this contest is not knowing when
the band will open like on Saturday evening when
I was calling CQ and got a reply from a TN QTH.
On Sunday the conditions were a rapid succesion
of QSB openings making it almost impossible to
work someone when you heard them peak to an
S5 and then fade away to nothing.

73 - Bob
WA2MNO