[3830] ARRL 10 W4PM SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 9 20:08:12 EST 2007

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Hanover County, VA

   CW:  163    32
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  163    32  Total Score = 20,864

Club: Central Virginia Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: Omni VII, ALS-600, 400 watts to 176' CF at 60'

Propagation was worse than last year and my score reflects that.  No DX except
for two PY stations.  When it became more of an ordeal than a contest I QRT and
split my time into half hour to one and a half hour stints during the contest.
Also Christmas decorating and leaf removal limited my time on the air this
weekend.

The guys with big yagi's were doing much better.  With propagation like this my
wire just wasn't doing the job.  There were many unanswered CQ's and a number of
answered CQ's by stations I could not copy.  Likewise, I called many stations
who could not copy me.  This was rather frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for the Q's I did manage to complete.  Let's hope for better conditions
next year.

73,
Puck