[3830] ARRL 10 NS3T SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 9 20:28:50 EST 2007

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: MDC

   CW:   71    10
  SSB:   71    10
-------------------
Total:  142    20  Total Score = 8,520

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As usual, I squeezed in what little time I had to work this contest.  I didn't
want to have an equal number of CW and SSB QSO's, but that's the way the
numbers ended up.

Since I assumed that every big "opening" would take place while I was away from
the radio, I started on Saturday night to ask everyone who answered my CQ's if
they would go to the other mode for a second Q.

Most of the SSB guys said they didn't have CW capabilities.  The CW ops said
yes at a much higher rate and completed the second Q at a higher rate as well.
It was sort of like a VHF contest, moving everyone who calls you on 6 meters...

As usual, if you had contact with me, it was pretty much all on tape, even the
moves to the other mode.

My biggest DX was Texas....

73 Jamie NS3T
http://www.radio-sport.net