[3830] ARRL 10M K4SO M/S HP

Lee (WW2DX) lee at ww2dx.com
Thu Dec 13 00:37:26 EST 2007

ARRL10M Score Summary Sheet

CallSign Used : K4SO
Operator(s) : K4SO, WW2DX, KT3Y

Band : 10M
Power : HIGH, M/S
Mode : MIXED

Name : Mark Killmon
Address : 8825 Doug Drive
City/State/Zip : Nokesville VA 20181
Country : USA

ARRL Section : VA
Club/Team : Potomac Valley Radio Club
Software: N1MM Logger V7.11.1

Band Mode QSOs Pts Cty
28 CW 344 1380 40
28 USB 302 604 39
Total Both 646 1984 79

Score : 156,736

Rig : FT-1000, TS-930 (PIEXX), Alpha 78, Homebrew 4-1000A

Antennas : KT-34XA at 100 feet, Homebrew OWA 6 el. monobander at 50 feet

Soapbox : Just a guess, but I'd say that about 50% of stations worked
didn't move the S-meter. This was similar to VHF contesting. Vy.
little MS, and no AU, even backscatter was minimal, or so it seemed.
Murphy plagued my main computer--apparently RF caused reboots. Since
I've done so little operating on 10M since I bought it, I wasn't aware
of the problem. Luckily, a spare was available. The PIEXX board in the
930 works very. well (a new addition) and N1MM was nearly flawless.

Many thanks to all for their patience to complete QSOs, and most
definitely to Lee and Phil for their "hammering away" to put Qs in the
log at this low point in the solar cycle. -SO