[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 15 00:38:10 EST 2007

                    NCCC Sprint - Dec 14

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   5      2
   80:  33      9
   40:   3      2
Total:  41     13  Total Score = 533

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

At 03:29 the day before, I rushed in, turned on the rig, and a minute late
turned the dial around 7040.  Hearing zip squat, I realized I was one day early
again.

At 03:28 last night, I repeated the above steps only to find only a couple of
weak (very weak) signals around 7040.  I thought my antenna was still
disconnected from some testing I had done, but nope, it was hooked up.

40 meters was the worst I have ever heard this band during an NS.  Normally
N9RV & W9RE are loud.  I could hardly copy either one (Tnx, Pat, for the Mult).
 This was not a good sign. I couldn't even connect with local W0YK.  This was
looking to be my worst NS score ever before 0400 UTC arrived, and I was tempted
to shut everything off.

3 Q's in the fist 7 minutes a fun NS was not going to make, so I went to 80m.
Gosh it felt GOOD to hear some LOUD West Coast signals.  REAL GOOD :-)

I QLF'd and for some reason lapsed in thinking that this was a Duo-Bander, but
when things got sparse on 80m, I finally QSY's to 160m at 03:57 and found a
party going on.

CONFESSION: With 39 Q's in the bag when 0300 struck, I decided to join the
N6RO/K7SS 'Rubber Clockers Club' and keep the fun machine going.  So, my score
really needs to be whacked back to 39 Q's & 12 Mults, for a mega 468 points
:-)

FYI, the next LQP (Locust QSO Party) will be in January - details to spill
forth soon, including the addition of some mini-Locust 'Secret Swarmers' as
sources of additional bonus points in what looks to be a duo-bander this time.

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...especially those who had to really dig me
out...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust