[3830] OK RTTY VA7ST SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 15 23:24:18 EST 2007

                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC

   80:   20   60       3        0
   40:   73  234       7        1
   20:  177  220      23        0
   15:   43   43       2        0
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  313  557      36        1  Total Score = 20,609

FT2000 + N1MM Logger + MMTTY + SB221
3 ele CL-33 at 45'
40M 2 x half-squares
80M 1 x delta loop

Lost my U.S. half-square in a wind gust with about an hour to go on 40M, so
finished up using the EU/W6 half-square. Last contact was S53S, which gave me a
big grin as EU was not plentiful here on 40M.

Highlight of the contest was beaming AF on 20M Saturday morning and having C91R
call in for an all-time new one. Also great to work ZS2EZ. Band is in reasonable
shape when I work Africa from here. Had some nice JA runs on 20M, too.

Still, disappointing conditions given SFI of 90+. EU opening on 20M Saturday
morning was brief and very weak with just a few G, DL, and F stations making it
through. My only OK was on 40M. Go figure. Expected quite a bit better from 20M
but it didn't happen.

At least 15M opened nicely to US/VEs for a couple hours Saturday morning. No DX
there, but it'll be there one of these days.

Noticed lots of new calls (great!), several lads sending their exchange in
reply to CQ (and QRMing other callers), and too many dupe callers (sheesh).

First time running HP in this one. It made a big difference in the fun factor.

Now looking forward to the holiday break and some QRO R&R. Have some wire
antenna repair work to do in the snow and cold, but will be up and at-em for
RAC Winter and Stew Perry. CU then!