[3830] ARRL 160 W5MX Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 16 18:15:27 EST 2007

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KY

Total:  QSOs = 1505  Sections = 78  Countries = 46  Total Score = 409,324

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Had to work on daughters car most of the day Saturday, therefore no sleep! After
being up since 6am Friday morning, working 10 hrs, etc. it got to me by late
Saturday night/Early Sunday morning. Took a "short power nap" that ended up
being from 08:40 to 14:30 Sunday AM. Fatal mistake. Cost some Q's no doubt. Had
a good contest going...Next year I am taking vacation on that Friday of the
contest to get some sleep!
Anyway, had a great time as usual. Love this contest since it doesn't require
1000's of $ worth of antennas to be competetive.
Great condx Friday night! The two full wave loops worked out great for tx and
rx. Had a couple of 1 wave beverages, but loops always rx at least as well.
Going to try to add a ref or dir to the loops for CQWW 160.
73's all and thanks for the Q's!
Bryan, W5MX