[3830] TBDC K1EP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 08:02:00 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1EP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN42

Total:  QSOs = 277  Total Score = 1,656

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were noisy here last night, but I thought propagation was good.
A lot of activity, but I must admit, I took a break to watch the end of the
Patriots game.  I do have a pet peeve with this contest.  It's not really with
the contest, but with some of the exchanges that some of the mid-westerners
have, those in the EN field.  A very common and long standing way to
acknowledge a Q is to send R.  Many (and I do many times) send the R as EN,
putting a slight space between the first dit and dah.  And, as you guess, it
sounds like EN.  So, in this contest, when you have to send grids, I get
totally out of sync and confused when someone comes back immediately with EN.
Is that an R and the grid will follow, or should I type in EN in the field and
await two numbers?  Of course, there was the station who sent me, EN EN EN##,
when he meant to sent R R EN##.  All this would not be a problem if people
would use some sort of "spacer" like TU or GM or even 5NN.  Okay, enough of
that.  I had some decent dx for this contest.  Of course, there was one time
when two stations called and I decided to pick the WA1 call out.  Turns out the
other call was a KH6.  I still worked him!  Thanks to all for copying my weak
LP-stealth antenna signal.