[3830] TBDC W4SAA Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 09:19:10 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4SAA
Operator(s): W4SAA
Station: W4SAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SFL

Total:  QSOs = 296  Total Score = 1,438

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

First time running high power and Murphy struck.
Crazed flying insect attacked finial amplifier and destroyed it after QSO at
0427 utc.  Continued on at low power, but QRN became so loud and continous that
I took a nap.  Qrn was worse when I returned to fray.  New pair of inverted L's
feed in phase worked great.  Felt loud before the bug died.  DX include OM5ZW,
DL5AXX, UU4JMG, OM3BH, IV3PRK, CT1JLZ, CE1/K7CA, GM3POI, DJ5MW, F6IRA/P, S59A,
HG3DX,G3WPH, UA2FF, LY2IJ, UW2M, and HG0A, all HP.  Also logged S57UN and OK1DX
running LP at EU dawn.  TNX!  Hope I copied info ok,  Qrn from storm was very
bad.
Enjoyed the new antennas and running HP.
TNX QSO's,  73 & HNY  Joe  W4SAA