[3830] TBDC K9CT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 12:15:00 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 300  Total Score = 1,478

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Family committments only allowed starting at 0400Z. S&P for a while and found a
clear frequency. Called CQ and had good runs until SR in EU. Wow...lots of good
dx but the QRN from storms S and SE really made copy difficult. In fact, it got
to be so loud that it was not fun or fair to try to copy some of the US
stations. Thank you to all of the stations that were patient as I asked for
repeats. It always seemed like the crashes waited until you repeated the same
letters or numbers I was missing!

After a short sleep, I got on at 1200Z and found several JA stations through
and after my SR. Good 20+ point qsos!

I really enjoy the format of this contest. This was my first try at this
contest and I wish I oould have had more time. Thanks to the sponsors!!