[3830] TBDC N6WG Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 14:25:27 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

Total:  QSOs = 131  Total Score = 326

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As always, this was a fun contest, but I seem to run out of stations
 to work a little sooner each year.  The station and operator keep
 improving, but the scores are slowly running down.  Can't figure it
 out.  I know my ambient rf noise level here has gradually crept up
 over the years.  It may just be that I can't hear some of the stations
 I used to work.

 Didn't hear anything from the east coast this time, although I heard a
 few midwest stations calling Europeans.  No copy on them, of course :-)

 Knocked off for a few hours sleep at 1AM, as I had worked everything I
 could hear.  Figured early morning would bring a few new ones, and it did.
 Picked up 15 new Qs for a grand(?) total of 131 Qs.  At least, nearly
 everyone I called could hear me, even if I only got a ?? at first.  We
 almost always completed the Q, so there are some good ears and persistent
 contesters out there.

 I enjoyed this outing, as it is a more laid back contest, and I worked a
 number of old familiar calls.  It was good to see them still in action.
 Took a moment to chat with a few, then moved on.

 Thanks for the Qs and Happy New Year to all.
 73, Bob N6WG
 The Little Station with Attitude