[3830] RAC Winter VE7XF SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 20:50:52 EST 2007

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Vancouver

  160:   30              4
   80:   97              7
   40:  292             10
   20:  351             10
   15:   69              5
   10:    1              1
    6:    1              1
    2:    1              1
Total:  842     0       39         0  Total Score = 165,594

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

Condx noticeably worse than last year. We MUST be at the bottom of the cycle by
now - can it get any worse?

With the new 'CW only' category, went HP for the first time ever in a contest.
The new(ish) Acom 1000 performed flawlessly (and silently).
Vy pleased with myself for working the east coast on 40m before 2pm local.

Only westerners know the frustration of watching the DX Atlas terminator creep
across the east coast, knowing that they're working everything while we cool
our amps for another three hours bfore hearing ANYTHING on 20m :-(
Managed to catch an opening on 15 (even ZM1A called me), but zilch here on
10m.

I'm struggling towards success with SO2V, but it's not easy with only one (old)
brain. It's worth the effort for finding mults, though.

New plasma TV next door pretty much wiped out 160 & 80, and made 40m difficult
when it was on. I can't believe anything is allowed to radiate this much crud!
I've gotta convince the neighbours to let me buy them a new LCD TV instead.

Other than CQ WW CW, my favourite contest.

Ft-1000mp, Acom 1000
160m inv.L, 80m inv.V, 3 el Steppir @65', 40m F12 dipole @ 72'
No room on a city lot for anything more exotic.

Ralph, VE7XF, right on the 49th parallel.