[3830] TBDC WB9Z Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 30 22:34:57 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WB9Z
Operator(s): WB9Z
Station: WB9Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL - en60

Total:  QSOs = 580  Total Score = 4,742

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Very good conditions.... maybe as good or better than the last ARRL 160?

As per other comments the QRN got worse here as the night went on.

Always one of my favorite contest from anywhere...
This is one of my first SPTBDC from home since 1997... the last 5 from the PJ2T
station and before that three from the WP2Z station.

Quick breakdown:

55 EU stations... 3 JA... 2 KH6... 1 KL7... VY1JA... a few SA and the
BEST DX... VK6VZ!!!!  It took a while for Steve to hear my 100 watts and
figure out my call... but we finally made it happen.  It helps to have been
at VK6VZ's QTH a couple times and he knows me.... THANKS STEVE!

RIG:  Orion 2

Transmit antenna:  160' tower on a base insulator, series fed with 30,000
feet of ground radials.

Receive antennas:  11 beverages ranging from 880' to 1000' and a very low
240' dipole.

For you folks that do all/most of the contest... CU next weekend in the
ARRL RTTY RU.  Otherwise CU all in the CQ WW 160.

HNY
Jerry WB9Z