[3830] CQ160 CW TF3KX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 4 19:50:28 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: TF3KX
Operator(s): TF3KX
Station: TF3KX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: HP94, near Reykjavik

Total:  QSOs = 129  State/Prov = 12  Countries = 35  Total Score = 34,404

Ant:  12m/39ft vertical with two 8m sloping wires for top loading
Rig:  IC746

Condx OK, except the aurora belt expanding and finally covering Iceland as the
contest progressed.

The 160m amateur band in Iceland excludes 1850-1900 KHz, due to commercial
marine communications in that segment.  I managed to obtain a trial permit from
our authorities for responding to stations that would be CQing there during this
contest.  This went well, with no interference, and I reported back to them with
the results, hoping to make a case for repeated permits and possibly general
amateur access in this segment in the future.  During the contest I made 29 out
of the 129 QSOs with stations in this segment of the band, so this was
worthwhile.