[3830] NA Sprint CW N6WG QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 00:42:52 EST 2007

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA

   80:  36     1.25
   40:  28     1.75
   20:  24        1
---------------------
Total:  88     Mults = 27  Total Score = 2,376

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: northern california contest club #2

Comments:

This was much more fun than the SSB Sprint.  I more than
doubled my QSO count, and more than quadrupled my score.
My best two hours were the first and the last.

On 20m I can easily work the east coast, but 40m was a
lot more of a struggle.  Then when I moved to 80m in the
last quarter of the third hour, my rate went up.  I give
all the credit to my vertical.

I'm using my 160m vertical as a top-loaded half wave
vertical on 80m, and it seems to really work.  Only three
or four stations were louder on my 40m dipole, loaded as a
short dipole on 80m.  I managed to work CT and NJ on 80,
and was called by VE3EJ for a big surprise.

My biggest problem was getting into the swing of the Sprint.
I didn't really start to do well until I moved to 80m.
Also had a momentary case of fumblitis, when I couldn't seem
to press the right keys for TRLOG.  Gotta get over this :-)
There were probably a few stations wondering what strange
sequence I was sending :-)

Anyway, I had fun, and that's the name of the game.
Now to get ready for the CQ WW DX.  Hope to hear you all in
the chase.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude