[3830] NA Sprint CW KR2Q QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 06:49:48 EST 2007

                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FN20ru (NJ)
Operating Time (hrs): 2:10

   80:  40     1:10
   40:  29     1:01
   20:
---------------------
Total:  69     Mults = 30  Total Score = 2,070

Club:

Team:

Comments:

My first sprint ever (qrv 40 years this month).  Sure was "different" than
compared to what I'm used to.

Got a direct email about 11am requesting that I get on to boost activity...had
nothing else cooking, felt honored to be asked, so what the heck; I'm not
getting any younger.

Got on 2 hours late and 20 was 99% dead; went directly to 40.  40 was long and
it was weird working lots of California (qrp here) and nothing local.  Same on
80..."DX" was loud, but locals were PW here.  Took me a while to get used to
the QSY rule and THOUGHT I heard some big score types not following it to the
letter...but maybe I'm wrong.

One band change.

Oh yeah...since others mentioned it, I did work VE9DX.

Elecraft K2 @ QRP
40: 402CD @ 80 feet
80: inverted Vee apex at 55 feet

Hope I helped the winner win bigger than w/o me!  LOL

de Doug KR2Q
ps. Tnx Salad.