[3830] RTTY WPX VE7UF M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 11 22:38:48 EST 2007

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7UF VA7RN VE7FO
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Courtenay BC

   80:  144   554
   40:  243  1014
   20:  317   736
   15:  208   422
   10:
-----------------
Total:  912  2726  Prefixes = 356  Total Score = 970,456

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

More multi-op multi-single multi-call fun at VE7UF.  In the interest of more fun
and acivity for the ops, we set up two stations at VE7UF, namely VE7UF and
VE7FO.  When VA7RN arrived he wanted to use his call.  As VE7FO had only 6 Qs,
this wasn't a problem.  So, for pretty much the entire contest the 3 ops
rotated through the 2 stations, VE7UF and VA7RN.

It worked out pretty well.  When a band was drying up for one op, the 2
stations swapped bands and the fun started up again.  e.g. at one point we had
the VA7RN station on 15 and the VE7UF position on 20.  When things started
slowing down, the VA7RN station went to 20 and the VE7UF station to 15.  Both
are now fresh meat.

On day 2 we reversed the procedure.  Kept things a lot more interesting than
the usual multi two operation.  Made the VE7/VA7 mults more available, too.

Still lots of calls scrolling off the screen due to all the Enters at the ends
of canned messages.  The ones which weren't mults didn't get chased if we were
busy.

We were pleased with how things worked out (except we were hoping for a lot
more from 40 and 80m.  No amount of op swapping made the night shifts fun).

Thanks for all the calls and spots.

The VA7RN breakdown will be posted separately but the totals were 1107 Qs, 3339
pts and 353 mults for a total score of 1,178,667.

73, Jim  VE7FO