[3830] RTTY WPX NB1B(@W1KM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 12 14:48:12 EST 2007

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MA

   80:  277  1016
   40:  524  2526
   20:  796  1962
   15:  208   580
   10:    1     3
-----------------
Total: 1806  6087  Prefixes = 682  Total Score = 4,151,334

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

What a ride!  30 hours just wasn't long enough!

Rate was steady but unspectacular- varied from a 39 to an 87.  Overall, made my
goal of 1800 QSOs (60 per hour for 30 hours), and made my goal of 600 mults, but
I had no idea I'd surpass the existing NA record (congrats to both K3MM and
K4GMH, as they surpassed the existing record by a lot more than I did).

I, too, was out of operating time at 2220Z Sunday.  I was on the radio 18 hours
the first day, so the second day got shortchanged.  A decent 15M opening on Sat,
but poor on Sunday.  I did hear 5 or 6 stations on 10M, but only took the time
to work one of them.

SO2R worked for the first 3 hours, then stopped working.  My first big off
time- 0200Z Sunday- I got it back to working enough to be usable on the rest of
the time on Sunday.  That hurt, particularly on the Sat JA run.  I could either
run JAs on 20M or work Europe on 40M- since I wouldn't have an opportunity to
work the JAs again, I chose to work them.  I'll have to analyze the log and see
if I made the correct choice.

Thanks for the QSOs, the patience many showed while I played with antennas to
dig out your signal, and to Greg W1KM for the use of his station.

Dennis NB1B