[3830] RTTY WPX N2KI SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 12 19:57:41 EST 2007

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: N2KI
Operator(s): N2KI
Station: N2KI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 28:56

   80:  251   764
   40:  201   782
   20:  418   713
   15:   68   145
   10:    0     0
-----------------
Total:  938  2404  Prefixes = 408  Total Score = 980,832

Wow what a great contest!  It was really amazing to see the bands jammed with
RTTY ops. I didn't make one contact on 10 meters.  15 meters was anemic for me.
 20, 40 and 80 were much better, especially Sunday afternoon on 40. All of a
sudden there was a whole bunch of new call signs to be worked.  Two contacts
that stick out in my mind are XT2CG and VQ9X who called me.  I hope these are
not busted calls because they are new ones for my log.

All the equipment worked as it was supposed to.  It was my first chance to put
the new Palstar AT1500DT tuner through its paces on an 80 meter dipole. Very
easy to tune and operate.  It interfaced nicely using balanced line.

As far as the exchange syntax, most everyone I worked had the data spaced just
right.  There were some stations that put periods in between the data. Not a
problem just different.

Thanks to all the participants.  I had a really good time and I look forward to
the next biggie!

Anthony - N2KI