[3830] RTTY WPX VE3RCN SOSB/20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 14 00:23:59 EST 2007

                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE3RCN
Operator(s): VE3RCN
Station: VE3RCN

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: WELLAND ON
Operating Time (hrs):

   20:  100  221
-----------------
Total:  100  221  Prefixes = 88  Total Score = 19,488

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I must be doing something wrong. I use N3FJPs logging software with MMTTY
decoding software, and a homebuilt interface. I use a P2 computer. When I do
RTTY contesting, I have to open the RTTY window, send/rcv text, then close that
window down and open up the logging window, log it, close her down and reopen
the RTTY window. How are others doing it? 2 computers? Special interface or
logging/operating programmes? BAH! Then, I also entered the CW Sprint during
this contest, and only made 25 qsos. Lots of fast stations out there, and my
wrist was getting sore. I would go keyboard operations like a lot of others,
but, once again, I would probably spend more time opening and closing windows
than making contacts. Tips gladly appreciated at ve3rcn at rac dot ca