[3830] ARRLDX CW W7WHY SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 19:03:38 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY + PACKET
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: OR

  160:    0     0
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  209   111  Total Score = 69,597

N1MM says I was on for 7.95 hours.  Set a goal for this weekend of 200 Q's and
managed to get that Sunday morning during the Eu opening.  I figured with my
little pistol station, I'd have to get on when the bands were open.  All Q's
were S&P.  With a 2 el beam at 20 feet on 20, I was glad to get what I did.

Some big signals on 40.  UA9CDC was pounding in Saturday night and got my call
first try.  Also EF8M was loud on every band (except 10).  Even managed to work
some Eu stations on 40 Saturday night.  Sure will be glad when the spots come
back!!!!  After 20 closes on the left coast, it's pretty slim pickin's.  Sunday
morning I copied CW all the qay up to 14.120.  First time I've seen guys up that
high.

Saw an awful lot of bad spots this time.  The bandmap was full of wrong calls.
I was listening to KH7X while I was dinking around the shack and someone spotted
him as KH6X.  He was being called by dupes one right after the other.  Bad thing
was, KH7X was spotted right next to KH6X.  You would thing guys would figure--.

73 and thanks to the ARRL for a fun contest.
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1   TS-450SA
t + SB-200 ~400 watts
Radio 2   FT-840

80 meter verticall, 80 meter dipole, 2 x 40 meter verticals, 20 meter
monobander, 15 meter dipole, 2 element 10, and G5RV.

N1MM Logger 7.1.5