[3830] ARRLDX CW W3UA SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 19:33:54 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W3UA
Operator(s): W3UA
Station: W3UA

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: NH

   40:  970   107
Total:  970   107  Total Score = 311,049

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Upon return home from overseas I discovered that my receiving 4-SQ does not
work, and back yard is covered with a foot of snow. That was the last straw, so
I decided to give myself some rest, and just work 40 meters... Tried SO2R for
the first time (with new shiny microKEYER 2R+ -- but it's another story -- not
for now). It helped me to work a few mults, however somebody always tried to
steal my run frequency. I need to get used to it.

Overall -- condx were quite marginal. Sometimes I thought that the propagation
ends on MA/NH border (I could not hear the guys K1XM worked easily!) with the
special exception for Mason, hi-hi -- but Matt has his own propagation
generator. I lost just a few easy mults (like KL), but overall, supply of EU
calls, especially the first two nights was extremely limited. I could barely
hear big guns like OH2MM on the third night -- just above noise level).

I guess N2MF is laughing at me...

Anyway, it was fun, and being a "DX" for people like R1FJT, A61M, ST2A (thanks
for your efforts and sorry for multiple QRZ -- but you were really well under
the noise level) helps to beef-up my rotten self-esteem.