[3830] ARRLDX CW W4ZW SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 21:48:19 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 9:23

   10:   12     3
-------------------
Total:  451   230  Total Score = 308,430

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Soapbox :  Found a weekend without too many family commitments, so decided to
try a little DXing.  Discovered the 80M OCF was down so out  into this cold,
windy day to fix it.  Conditions were pretty good considering this period in
the sun spot cycle. Could hear wisps of the Pacific on 10M but not enough to
work one.  The trans-equatorial path was the only game on 10.  As usual, we're
too  close to the Caribbean guys to work them very easily on the high bands.
Worked several  stations who were only ESP, but managed to get the exchanges.
Especially on 10M! Wish  I could run more than 100w on 80; it sounded great.
As usual, the old 40M yagi and  about 300w was my best band.

The more I use N1MM, the more features I discover!  Still not TR-LOG, but
getting close!