[3830] ARRLDX CW W4PM SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 18 23:11:39 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA

   10:    5     2
-------------------
Total:  549   241  Total Score = 396,927

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I only had 19 hours to operate.  I had to judge a QLF contest at the Frost Fest
on Sunday.  There were too many stations sending their calls too few times.  If
they thought they were thinning out the pile up by so doing they were kidding
theirselves.  Many stations just pick up the calls from spots on a DX cluster.
We poor saps who did not use the clusters had to actually copy the calls by
listening.  It got rather frustrating at times!  My one antenna, a 176' CF Zepp
at 60', plus local power line noise prevented me from hearing the weaker signals
and conditions were such that I could not sustain a run so I had to use S&P and
work all those big "KW" stations.  Ten meters was a "no show" for me.  Other
than ground wave and/or backscatter from W3LPL and W4MYA I only heard and
worked 5 SA stations on 10. Rig used was a Ten Tec Paragon plus an ALS-600 amp
at 400 watts output.  My thanks to the 34 BIG EAR stations on 160 who copied my
signal. See you in the next contest or maybe even in a "real" non-contest QSO.
Unlike some others I rag chew too!

73,

Puck, W4PM

Puck