[3830] ARRLDX CW W4IX SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 08:38:38 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: TN

   10:   17     6
-------------------
Total:  479   226  Total Score = 324,762

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Arrived home from N.J. at midnite on Saturday, had the wife put my radio gear on
the kitchen table, set everything up and loaded up the old TS-830. Had to go out
and removed the snow from the uncovered inv. L solder joints, the started to
S&P. Hunted and pecked all nite until 20 was open, then tried to run but with
100w and a samll CL33 at 45 feet it was pretty slow, so just stayed S&Ping the
rest of the way. Amazed how a few of the KW's down in the SA and Carribean
areas that were almost esp mode here heard my weak signal, thanks for the nice
mults on 10 meters guys...40 meters was incredible at the end, worked 48
countries from 2230 to the end of the show, not too bad for low power and a
pretty rough tune for the 160m inv. L on 40 meters ( I was wondering why my
TS-830 would key itself every 10 min or so...but I didnt stop me!! 73's and
hope to see gud condx for the SSB weekend..John