[3830] ARRLDX CW W1MU SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 09:10:07 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1MU
Operator(s): W1MU
Station: W1MU

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: FN53 - Maine

   20: 1570   107
Total: 1570   107  Total Score = 503,970

This year's "busted callsign of the year" award goes to I5IHE, though runner-up
I1EIS was close in and EI4II gets an honorable mention.  If he hadn't won last
year with ED6B, K1DG (and team) would have been in the running with EE5E.  I
dread this year's UBN/NIL report.

This year was fun.  Learned a lot and accomplished my three goals of 1500+ Q's,
half a million points, and less than 24 hours "in the chair."

Maybe it was me, but I thought there were a LOT of dupes this year.

Very happy that I finally figured out how to work central and southeast Asians
in this contest and was able to work multiple HS, VU, UN, etc.  There is
definitely a way to do it and now I know how.  Also regret not working a single
VK but I know why and will work on it for next time.  A tip of the hat to the
many Europeans who stayed on the air long after their sunsets to provide Q's.
Lots of fun working those QRP Europeans.  Also many thanks to the JA's, who
come banging through in the late afternoon here on the east coast and do an
excellent job.

Without packet it's tough to have the mults and my score shows that.  Will have
to come up with a solution there for next time as well.

Radio was an ICOM 7800 and ACOM 1000.  Antenna was a 2-stack of M2 20M5's.
Used N1MM Logger, an excellent piece of software.

See you all next year!