[3830] ARRLDX CW N2IC SOSB/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 12:22:26 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: New Mexico

Total:  328    76  Total Score = 74,784

The plan was for a 2-op multi-single, but unfortunately the other op had a
family emergency on Friday morning.

After that, my motivation was very low, so why no try something crazy from New
Mexico ?

Fairly good conditions both nights to Europe, but, except for a few minutes
after EU sunrise Saturday night, was never good enough to try running. I was
very pleased that almost no one CQ'd in my face. Either the 2-element wire beam
is working, or the big gun Europeans are hearing better than they used to.

With my lack of motivation, I slept from 06Z-1230Z Friday night. Not smart. I
stayed up most of Saturday night, but conditions to JA weren't as good as
Friday night.

Good competition with my friend and neighbor N5IA (50 miles west of here).

Thanks to everyone for the QSO's and struggling to pull out my weak signal.

73,
Steve, N2IC