[3830] ARRLDX CW LN3Z(@LA3Z) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 12:26:34 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: LN3Z
Operator(s): LA5UF LA6YEA LA8HGA LA9GX
Station: LA3Z

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: JO48XX

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1273   173  Total Score = 660,168

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Condx here on low band really made it hard to find motivation carry on the hole
periode. Lost our run 2 station, and after that we just played around on the
bands, like we use to do in the M/S class in CQWW. Maybe the rig failure was
due to RF problems, so thats also one of the reasons why we skipped running the
whole time.

With this antenna configuration we have no chance running with two stations
under these low band condx. 160m was a disaster !! We supposed we could work
3-400 qsos only on this band if we had some nice condx, now we ended up in 45.

Actually we started spotting stations on the packet from both radios, and hope
we did somebody happy..:) Yes, we even spotted LN8W when he was all by himself
on 15m....real sportmanship. Will continue with this if we do S/P.

A nice opening on 20m, and a very short and great opening on 15m also.....what
an hour we had on 15m.....some 300 last 10 for a while. Did not even bother
listening on 10m.

We made some 908 different callsigns, 705 on 1 band, 103 on 2 band, 53 on 3
bands, 31 on 4 bands and 16 on 5 bands. (These 16 = K1KI, K1TTT, K1XM, K2NG,
K3LR, K5ZD, KB1H, KC1XX, N0NI, NY4A, VE3DZ, VY2PA, VY2TT, W3BGN, W3LPL)

Not yet decided what to do in the ssb contest, but maybe I will do single band
20m single op. Cya then. Thanks to all.

LA6YEA Paul