[3830] ARRLDX CW K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 15:08:41 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K3CR
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WPA

   20: 1270   103
Total: 2926   397  Total Score = 3,484,866

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

There is something going on between me and 40.  I don't love her anymore and she
hates my guts. The numbers are way down from what they should be, until Sunday
evening even my 80 numbers were better. The main antenna developed an
intermittent high VSWR problem in the second hour and was replaced by the 3L
WA3FET Special which usually stays pointed at the Caribbean pirates. On receive
it sounded even better. Wish everyone such a spare !

Otherwise - 500 Q's and one million points less than the last year; 300 or so
on 40 and the rest on 15. 28 5-banders and only 6 on all bands: HP1XX, KH6LC,
KH7X, PJ2T, TI5N and VP8/LZ1UQ. Ten's a bitch !

ZK3RE is the new non-IDing champion - 22 Q's in a raw. Maybe he went even
longer, I just ran away as soon as I became the 23rd. My shoes are probably
still floating somewhere around 3502 ...

The coolest call now is EE5E but on low bands it has to come with a couple of
KW's flowing down the pipe. EI4IS came in second. 557/N3BNA wasn't bad either.
DA0UNBOOT made me sweat on 80.

73 and CU in two weeks !