[3830] ARRLDX CW G3WW SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 16:48:40 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: G3WW
Operator(s): G3WW
Station: G3WW

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: IO92cq

Total:  420   122  Total Score = 153,354

Been 10 years since my last ARRL DX CW contest as ZD8DEZ. Sunspot numbers (or
lack of them) were about the same, but the scores are certainly way down on the
1997 entry, despite that being SB 20m.

Guess it shows a favourable QTH is key to a big score from the DX side in this
one, and those Caribbean guys sounded like they were having a ball.

Low power and a single wire is always a challenge but I worked almost
everything I could hear but most of all enjoyed the weekend.

Thanks to all you VE and W guys who struggled to copy my 599 100.

FT-1000MP
250' Doublet up at 40'