[3830] ARRLDX CW KH7XS/M(K4XS) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 19 18:50:20 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KH7XS/M
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: KH6

   80:   10     5
Total:  360    95  Total Score = 102,600

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Operation was done 100% mobile with an Icom 706 and a Tarheel...no computer and
the keying courtesy of a Bencher sitting on the front seat of my truck.  98% of
all QSOs were done in run mode.  Amazed at the pileups generated by my minimal
set up especially on 40.

It was a lot of fun to do this contest from the DX side after 40 plus years on
the USA side.

Score will not be submitted, since it was impossible to drive, send CW and log
in the dark.  I figured the first two were more important than the third.

Thanks for all the spots and all the guys who stopped by and said "Hi" to the
old timer with a new call.

I will be on for the SSB part with the same set up.  By this time next year the
new station will be up and running with antennas possibly up to 150 feet high.
Lots of work to do on that yet....still waiting for the permit to go through.