[3830] ARRLDX CW K7RL SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 20 01:10:10 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   20: 1047   108
Total: 1047   108  Total Score = 339,228

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This year I decided to try a 20m SB effort thinking it was the best chance for
the most action.  The best action was limited to the short EU and JA openings;
everything in between was low rate S&P.  The last few hours of the contest were
brutally slow, as was negotiating some of the massive pile-ups.

Some DX stations would rarely sign, and when they finally did, many loud
stations called right over the top making it difficult to get the call - that
seemed to go on endlessly.  Some pile-ups were so big and unruly that I had to
come back later.  But that didn’t always work as the DX station was gone when
I came back.  Many mults were missed that way.  In hindsight, I should have
stuck it out in the pile-up.

Other interesting notes:  Dupes, dupes, dupes (one station worked me four
times!); flutter on the EU signals Sunday morning; rain static; computer
crashes/glitches (sorry WH0S!); and key clicks.

Compliments to all the FB ops!  Thank you for the Q!

73 de Mitch, K7RL