[3830] ARRLDX CW OK5R(OK1RI) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 20 14:00:53 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OK5R
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK1RI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Brezina

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2969   238  Total Score = 2,119,866

After many years of only SSB again on CW in ARRL.
I was quite nervous having much less than my buddy-OK1RF had from our station
last year. I was not exactly sure why. Well after the contest seeing what
others had 2006/2007 I am quite happy. Comparing my SO score with MM big guns
like 4O1A or OM7M I think I was doing not too bad.
I feel I should have more multipliers on 40(+160)m but it is hard - one MUST
spend the best time on other bands i.e. 160 + 80 m. The window for west coast
is really short - if at all present - we are here too far to the east. My
expectations were to catch on saturday/sunday night but as others have written
the propagation this night was wery POOR. There were periods when
KC1XX,W3LPL,K3LR... etc were not audible on 160+80 at ALL !! What chance had
the "normall" people than ?!?

Similar I felt I should have more QSOs on 20m but I preferred 15m when possible
and the opening on 20m was simply too short this year.

Thanks for the QSO and hope to see you all again in the SSB leg.

73 !

Jiri
OK5R/OK1RI