[3830] ARRLDX CW W6EMC M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 20 16:55:51 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W6EMC
Operator(s): K6CTW N6HC W1HIJ W6KK N6MU K6NR AA6PW W6SJ
Station: W6EMC

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Riverside, CA

   10:   19     8
-------------------
Total: 1475   311  Total Score = 1,364,046

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

First of all, MANY THANKS to Al for the use of his station. We've been working
on getting it up to speed and are just about there.

Radios were FT2000 and IC7800, both driving Alpha 87A's. Antennas were a
MonstIR for 40, 15, and 10; 6 ele on 20, a 160M double bazooka, an 80M dipole
and an 80M inverted vee. Normally we would have had 8 elements on 15, but a
recent windstorm took down the 15M tower. Tower's back up, but there was not
enough time to rebuild the beam. Used N1MM for the first time and it worked
pretty much flawlessly for the entire time, with three networked computers.

Kind of surprised at the poor performance on 20. But 40 made up for it!

Looking to improve receive antennas with some beverages for the future.

Thanks to all the stations who gave us Q's.

73 de Bill, W1HIJ