[3830] ARRLDX CW K7RAT(@N6TR) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 25 13:22:54 EST 2007

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6RT N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR

   80:    4     4
   40:   29    11
   20:    8     6
   15:   62    10
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  117    43  Total Score = 14,964

Club: Boring Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Just fooling around with remote control software (Ham Radio Deluxe).  N6RT was
sitting comfortably at home in California and controlled the station over the
internet for the 40 and 20 meter QSOs.  The other contacts were made in person
by N6TR in front of the radio.

This is pretty revolutionary software.  I wonder when one or two of the
stations in a serious multi-multi will be manned by operators who are not
physically present at the location?

Many thanks for Dave, W9ZRX for his technical support and patience answering a
million questions before getting this all to work.  Also to Tim, K3LR, who had
this stuff setup on his station and provided inspiration.  And of course to
Doug, N6RT for figuring out all the stuff on his end.  Also, to K1BX and all at
WinKey who promptly send me the kit I needed to send CW.  And finally, many
thanks to the HB9DRV and all the gang that produced the Ham Radio Deluxe
Software.  If you would like to try this out on my beta setup with a K2 - drop
me a line.  You will need a good internet connection so you can do radio
control and hear sound via Skype at the same time.

I might work on a small program that allows integrated CW and logging to be
bundled - which would greatly simplify the whole experience.