[3830] NAQP RTTY AA4LR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 25 15:24:01 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  225    94  Total Score = 21,150

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m (10-40m)
Shunt-fed 15m tower (80m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 50-67 watts (supplemental cooling)
Ancient Toshiba Laptop
N1MM w/ MMTTY

Comments:

Only a part-time effort. 10m was completely dead. Tuned across it several
times, even called CQ for a while. A couple of stations sent QSY requests for
10m -- but it was dead. Nothing. Nada.

15m and 20m were exceedingly long. First went to 40m at 2040z. That's too
doggone early.

Not nearly as much activity as the NAQP CW or Phone. Found I couldn't call CQ
as much as I would like, since there weren't nearly enough callers.

Had a lot of fun, though. Surprised at the number of European and South
American DX stations calling CQ NAQP. (After all, it is the North American QSO
Party)

Heard N4ZZ numerous times on 15m -- but he couldn't hear me backscatter. Didn't
manage to work either of my teammates, although I followed K4SB up the band a
couple of times.