[3830] CQ160 SSB N7RQ(@K8IA) Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 25 19:47:18 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N7RQ
Operator(s): N7RQ K8IA
Station: K8IA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 606  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 9  Total Score = 86,940

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Rig: Ten-Tec Orion II
Amp: Alpha 91B
Xmit Antenna: 78 ft vertical with 30 radials
Rx Antenna: K9AY Loops (2)

Enjoyed my first foray into 160 SSB contesting with Bob, K8IA, in a multi-op
high power assisted effort from his QTH in the shadow of the beautiful
Superstition Mountains.  Bob, the esteemed Contest Coordinator for Central
Arizona DX Association, said I'd learn patience and listening skills.  Boy, was
he right!  Weather-related noise from the northeast made picking goodies out of
the noise a chore, but we finished the weekend with 606 QSOs.  He was scolded
by a couple of ops who noticed he didn't sound much like a YL, but otherwise
the entire weekend was full of the good camaraderie and fun hams are known for
worldwide.

Worked WAS this weekend but only 9 countries.

73/88, Sandy N7RQ
Arizona USA

K8IA Note: Sandy made over 60% of our qso's and quickly learned how to cope
with the intense storm static the first night, and digging out esp level
signals the second night. She has the skills and instincts of any good
contester and will be be even more successful in the coming yrs. Watch out,
OM's. ;-)