[3830] CQ160 SSB KN3A Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 25 19:59:12 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KN3A
Operator(s): KN3A
Station: KN3A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 135  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 1  Total Score = 10,200

Club: North Hills Amateur Radio Contest Society

Comments:

Absolutely challenging with terrible static crashes and an ice storm on Saturday
night into Sunday. Certainly not ideal conditions.

I'm more of a CW and RTTY contester, so maybe I'm just not used to this, but
I'm finding people have a hard time with the "KILO" in my callsign KN3A. I must
have had at least 8 instances where someone was having problems copying my
callsign and someone else relayed it to the other station. This really isn't
supposed to happen, is it? I know people are trying to help and everything but
relays aren't really good in a contest.

The other thing that I found amusing is the automatic "5-9" even though people
could barely hear me because of the QRN. My hats off to W2AAA who was the only
ham who gave me an honest "5-5".

Although it was a challenge with the band conditions, its always nice to put
voices with the callsigns I work in CW and RTTY tests.

Kenwood TS-450SAT
75 Watts
G5RV @ 20 Ft.
N1MM Logger