[3830] CQ160 SSB KD2MX Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 25 21:17:54 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Oakland, NJ

Total:  QSOs = 54  State/Prov = 15  Countries = 0  Total Score = 1,845

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I recently discovered the joys? of qrp ssb and thought it'd be fun? to see how I
would do running just 5w into my less-than-optimal but still effective antenna.
So I dabbled here and there over the weekend.  QRP CW is enough of a challenge
on 160 so I didn't expect much for this test but I was really surprised at the
number of Qs that I was able to make.  This was the first time that I ran ssb
on 160m too. It was interesting to see who could work me easily, who had some
trouble, and who couldn't hear me despite their 59+40 over signal at my qth.
Now I know which stations have the really excellent receive antennas!

My thrill of the event was having N4PN pull my "59" signal out of the noise
with just 90 seconds remaining, giving me a new multiplier and maybe my best
dx.

Thanks to everyone for digging out my puny signal.

Paul/kd2mx