[3830] CQ160 SSB OL8R(OK1FCJ) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 26 03:30:32 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: OL8R
Operator(s): OK1FCJ
Station: OK1FCJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Dolany

Total:  QSOs = 451  State/Prov = 2  Countries = 47  Total Score = 109,417

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

I do not usually run SSB contest, CW is more relaxing and especially 160m SSb is
real challange to get some decent results. Each KW station (including mine)
occupies approx 1Khz sometimes more and there are serious problems to other
smaller pistols to position itselves into band.

Clear winner were stations which started CQ on good QRG usually before contest
and kept it over most of the contest. Bright invention, but not for smaller
pistols. I used similar practice for part of the contest CQ on one QRG and
through second VFO searching for missing contacts.

Conditions were not really good at least from my perspecitve, first night I
couldn't hear almost any stateside stations. During saturday I took some naps,
but Saturday night I run till 11 pm. At late saturday evening rate were so low,
that I was just consuming electricity.

later I found comments form OH station that I do not listen :)(TX but no RX).
Well as matter of fact he or she was right. I used 2 beverages 90/270 degrees,
but no listenning antennas to 0/180. Second night I had problems to get right
and clear QRG and virtually I could not hear stations calling me becuase near
by stations were at least 59+10 or more...

Station setup
FT1000MP + 2 beverages
Inv Vee at 21m
N1MM