[3830] CQ160 SSB AA1K/M Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 26 09:59:37 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: AA1K/M
Operator(s): AA1K
Station: AA1K/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Delaware

Total:  QSOs = 63  State/Prov = 17  Countries = 0  Total Score = 2,295

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This is always an off-weekend for me, falling between the two major ARRL DX
contests. So just dabbled a bit from the mobile. Woke up Saturday morning and
worked some JAs on cw (they aren't allowed SSB on this band anyway) from the
home station before taking XYL Jeanie AB1P off for a weekend getaway at the
chilly beach.

It's a shame this weekend always wastes good winter propagation. Without any
effort to adhere to the ARRL band plan (SSB only above 1843 khz) there's no
clear window(s) to listen split for DX, and the wall-to-wall QRM severely
limits DX possibilities on SSB. Even the 1830-35 window called for in this
contest's rules was widely violated by stateside stations in the short periods
I was listening.

Saturday afternoon found us parked near the beach just north of Rehoboth, Del.,
and almost two hours before sundown I was hearing many European stations across
the band (including one I station over S9 on 1830 or so).

Mobile station details at www.aa1k.us