[3830] NCQP NC4KW Club HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 26 20:55:02 EST 2007

                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): AI4GT, KI4OTN, KG4HNC, N1YXU, N1LN
Station: NC4KW

Class: Club HP
QTH: ORANGE

   80:   92     80
   40:  140     77
   20:    0    284
--------------------

Club: North Carolina Kilo Watts

Comments:

This was our first time participating in the North Carolina QSO Party after
moving from Texas and getting our new Club Call - NC4KW.   We decided to open
up our house to operators from our local club - OCRA, Orange County Radio
Amateurs - to come and get a taste of HF as many will soon be upgrading.

It was great to have so many stop by including: Gary (AI4GT), Chris (KG4HNC),
Adriano (KI4OTN), Peter (KI4GWB), Meg (KI4LLL), Kate (KI4LLM), Woody (K3VSA),
Lisa (KG4PFB), Michaela (daughter of Woody and Lisa) and Randy (friend of Meg
and Kate.   For some, this was the first time operating HF.  For others, it was
their first time using contest software (WriteLog) and computer generated CW.
After a few Qs, we could see confidence growing and nervousness going away.  We
are confident that many of these folks and hopefully more from our local club
will join us for future HF contests and other on-the-air activities.

You will be hearing more about NC4KW when the towers and antennas are finally
up.

Thanks for a great QSO party - see you next year.

73,
Laurie (N1YXU) & Bruce (N1LN)
(aka: NC4KW)