[3830] CQ160 SSB WX3B Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 26 23:32:11 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 254  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 22  Total Score = 55,062

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Friday night:  ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!  No Energy - getting over a cold, fever,
power line noise, static noise from wind, high band noise...didn't operate
much!

Saturday night:  Just GREAT!   Cold was getting better, had enough energy to
run, and I fell right into the bottom of the band, on a clear frequency and ran
Europeans during their sunrise for about an hour.  First run of Europeans EVER
for WX3B on 160 SSB.  Now that was FUN!!!  Discovered that it IS worth having a
300 foot beverage to EU on 160.

Also enjoyed rag chewing with N3KS on packet.  It's worth running assisted just
to relieve bordem during the slow times.

I also agree with the others that say W4MYA is a heck of a nice guy...in
addition to a great contester!

Since Gene, W3ZZ had such a powerful signal on the band, I have concluded that
160 must also be a VHF band.

73 & best wishes to all during ARRL DX SSB coming up.

Jim Nitzberg  WX3B