[3830] CQ160 SSB K7ZSD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 27 03:24:30 EST 2007

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NW Oregon

Total:  QSOs = 147  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 5  Total Score = 16,785

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was a casual Saturday evening passing through the shack checking out the
band from time to time. A winter rain storm produced S9 plus noise, and I could
only hear the stronger stations. I used Win-Test for the first time, and enjoyed
using it. We might try it this weekend for the ARRL SSB test. The transmit
antenna was the shunt feed 100' tower, and received on the four beverages. My
apologies to those I knew were calling, but couldn’t pull out, seems the
transmit antenna worked better than the noise on the beverages.