[3830] TBDC S59A Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 1 02:47:31 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: S59A
Operator(s): S59A
Station: S59A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN76

Total:  QSOs = 290  Total Score = 1,234,567,890

RIG: Mark V + amp , SHUNT FED TOWER(only 4 short radials, 20m each)

        I had extremly high noises so overslept half night .Noises comming
        from local frequency controlled speed motors for water pumps for my

        village only 20m away from my house,hi. When I switched off
electricity
        for the pumps in the morning ,I heard a lot of USA stations,but sorry
        say most of them transmitting on verticals or inv-Ls and receiving most

        of the time on west beverages so,they do not hear us weak EUs,and I got

        the feeling they do not care much of EU or DX,so we are wasting our
        time calling and calling them ! ! ! Also I was able to hear quite some

        west coast stations,(strongest was N7UA) but couldnot break the east
        coast pile or they had QRM??
        Exception was N7JW Arizona who came on my CQ.I am not well equiped for

        160,but was enjoying specially for that 4 digit( GRID) reporting
system.

        Best wishes to all for 2007!

        s59a at siol.net