[3830] TBDC VE6JY(VE6CNU) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 2 10:34:16 EST 2007

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE6JY
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6JY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alberta

Total:  QSOs = 269  Total Score = 1,217

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

This was my first go at the Stew Perry and I now I know why they call it a
"Challenge".  The QSB was severe, with stations going from very loud to
completely gone within a few seconds.  Sometimes they came back and sometimes
they didn't.  After finishing the RAC Winter Contest at 0000Z, we managed to
get everything set up and ready to go for the SP by 0130Z.  It took me a little
while to settle into the rhythm of the contest and then managed to run stations
close to the same frequency until about 0900Z, when there didn't seem to be any
more stations to work.  The condx on 160m were not bad from this far north (near
Edmonton), working east coast one minute and California the next.  It sure helps
to have a KW and a dipole up over 100' in the air!

Special thanks to Don, VE6JY, for letting me use his great station!