[3830] RTTY Roundup K0RC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 7 20:35:25 EST 2007

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN - EN35

Total:  699  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 48  Total Score = 70,599

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Rig : Icom IC-756 Pro III, Dell Laptop XP Pro, N1MM Logger + MMTTY

Antennas : HyGain TH11DXX @ 70 ft, Telrex 1e 40m @ 65 ft, sloped wire dipoles
40/80

Soapbox : GO MWA! The only station I worked on all 5 bands was Ron, NØAT. The
propagation for the bottom of the solar cycle was "acceptable", but it severely
limited the DX and length of openings for working it. There was virtually no
noise at my QTH on any of the bands.

I have never heard so many digital signals during a RTTY contest! It was really
difficult to find a frequency to claim for running. I ended up either really
high or really low in the band... outside the traditional RTTY sub-bands!

It will be interesting to see how the 2007 QSO totals tally. With so many
stations crowded onto the bands, I don't know whether the QSO rate will
increase or decrease. I know my 250 Hz filters took a severe beating! I used
the special twin peaked RTTY filter in the Icom for the first time. Although it
isn't the most pleasant to listen to during normal conditions, it made a BIG
difference when the signals were piled on top of each other. Marginals signals
I normally would have to abandon were copied with confidence for a contact.

Here's the "Top Eleven" statistics from my 702 contacts: removing the 3 dupes
brings the valid

Q's to 699.

549 = USA
 51 = Canada
  6 = Italy
  5 = Brazil
  5 = Ukraine
  5 = Mexico
  4 = Germany
  4 = Spain
  4 = Virgin Islands
  4 = Puerto Rico
  4 = Argentina

Total DXCC Entities worked = 50

Once again, somebody let the dogs out... I caught Ruff, K9SEX on 3 bands this
year. I think he must spend the rest of the year locked up in a kennel
somewhere. ARRL Roundup seems to be the only time I hear his bark! Sit, Stay,
Good Dog!